Teltonika RUTM50 5G Router
RUTM50 Industrial 5G Router for USA / Canada
- 5G: Ultra-high cellular speeds of up to 3.3 Gbps
- Dual SIM: Reliable communication with auto-failover to backup SIM Card
- SA & NSA: Supports both architectures to leverage the 5G infrastructure
- WiFi-5: Dual-band data throughput for up to 150 clients simultaneously
- Ultra-low latency for mission-critical applications
- Backward compatible with 4G (LTE CAT 20) and 3G network technologies
- 2-year warranty
- Remote Management System available (Teltonika RMS)
- Reviews (0)
The Teltonika RUTM50 is a very powerful LTE 4G/5G router, capable of using CAT20 technology to reach mobile speeds of up to 3.3 Gbps through a single mobile module. This router is industrial grade and is capable of excelling in any scenario, from domestic buildings to remote industrial installations, and can therefore work well in the role of a primary and a backup connection. As a strong 5G router, the RUTXM0 is well-equipped for even high-capacity network environments such as large business offices and crowd events.
The RUTM50 supports 5 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports and its mobile bandwidth of 3.3 Gbps is the fastest of any single-modem Teltonika router. Dual-SIM cards are supported for failover/auto-switch purposes, adding to the router’s versatility, and a real-time signal strength indicator is included to assist with external antenna positioning. It supports 4×4 MIMO antenna connections to allow for the strongest possible mobile signal.
The router broadcasts 802.11ac Wave 2 WiFi with speeds of up to 867 Mbps, granting it strong wireless coverage. This WiFi can be secured with WPA3, the latest standard in wireless security, and a Wireless Mesh / Roaming feature is included for use with other Teltonika routers, allowing one continuous WiFi SSID to be shared across a large area.
The RUTM50 supports various other advanced features including a captive portal with a customisable landing page, multiple VPN services, firewalls, and Remote Management support (Teltonika RMS). All of these functionalities and more can be configured using the clear and intuitive RutOS web interface. Auto-APN configuration is enabled by default in order to make the RUTX50 as quick and easy as possible to set up, even for people with minimal networking experience.
To further the RUTM50’s versatility, this router also supports passive PoE (9-50v) through its LAN1 port, allowing it to be positioned remotely from any regular power sockets.
|The RUTM50 5G Router is FCC approved and is designed for use in the USA and Canada (see Quick Start Guide Information Below)
|5G Sub-6Ghz SA/NSA 2.1/3.3Gbps DL (4×4 MIMO), 900/600 Mbps UL (2×2); 4G (LTE) – LTE Cat 20 2.0Gbps DL, 200Mbps UL; 3G – 42 Mbps DL, 5.76Mbps UL
|1 x WAN port (can be configured as LAN) 10/100/1000 Mbps, compliance with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, 802.3az standards, supports auto MDI/MDIX crossover
4 x RJ45 port, 10/100/1000 Mbps, supports auto MDI/MDIX crossover
|802.11b/g/n/ac Wave 2 (WiFi 5) with data transmission rates of up to 867 Mbps (Dual Band, MU-MIMO), 802.11r fast transition, Access Point (AP), Station (STA)
|Wireless mesh (802.11s), fast roaming (802.11r)
|4 x SMA for Mobile, 2 x RP-SMA for WiFi, 1 x SMA for GNSS
|4-pin industrial DC power socket
9 – 50 VDC, reverse polarity protection, surge protection >51 VDC 10us max
PoE (Passive) Mode B, LAN1 Port, 9 – 50 VDC
|Dimensions (H x W x D)
|132 x 44.2 x 95.1 mm
|2 x SIM slot (Mini SIM – 2FF), 1.8 V/3 V
|4-pin industrial DC power socket
|Idle: <4 W, Max: <18 W
|DIN rail (can be mounted on two sides), flat surface placement
RUTM50 router must be used in compliance with any and all applicable national and international laws and with any special restrictions regulating the utilization of the communication module in prescribed applications and environments.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference.
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Caution: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device contains license-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada’s license-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference;
- This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
L’émetteur/récepteur exempt de licence contenu dans le présent appareil est conforme aux CNR d’Innovation, Sciences et Développement économique Canada applicables aux appareils radio exempts de licence. L’exploitation est autorisée aux deux conditions suivantes:
- L’appareil ne doit pas produire de brouillage;
- L’appareil doit accepter tout brouillage radioélectrique subi, mźme si le brouillage est.
This device meets the official requirements for exposure to radio waves. This device is designed and manufactured not to exceed the emission limits for exposure to radio frequency (RF) energy set by authorized agencies. The device must be used with a minimum separation of 20 cm from a person’s body to ensure compliance with RF exposure guidelines. Failure to observe these instructions could result in your RF exposure exceeding the applicable limits.
External antennas used with RUTM50 must be installed to provide a distance of at least 20 cm from any people and must not be co-located or operated in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Any external antenna gain must meet RF exposure and maximum radiated output power limits of the applicable rule section.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement:
This device complies with the relevant FCC RF radiation exposure limit set forth for an uncontrolled environment. The antenna(s) used for this transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter and must be installed to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm from all persons.
ISED Canada Statements:
This equipment complies with IC RSS‐102 radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20 cm between the radiator and your body.
Cet équipement est conforme aux limites d’exposition aux radiations IC CNR‐102 établies pour un environnement non contrôlé. Cet équipement doit être installé et utilisé avec une distance minimale de 20 cm entre le radiateur et votre corps.
This radio transmitter IC: 26511-RUTM50 has been approved by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada to operate with the antenna types listed below, with the maximum permissible gain indicated. Antenna types not included in this list that have a gain greater than the maximum gain indicated for any type listed are strictly prohibited for use with this device.
|Maximum antenna gain (dBi)
Le présent émetteur radio IC: 26511-RUTM50 a été approuvé par Innovation, Sciences et Développement économique Canada pour fonctionner avec les types d’antenne énumérés ci‑dessous et ayant un gain admissible maximal. Les types d’antenne non inclus dans cette liste, et dont le gain est supérieur au gain maximal indiqué pour tout type figurant sur la liste, sont strictement interdits pour l’exploitation de l’émetteur.
|Gain d’antenne maxima (dBi)
1. The device for operation in the band 5150–5250 MHz is only for indoor use to reduce the potential for harmful interference to co-channel mobile satellite systems.
2. For devices with detachable antenna(s), the maximum antenna gain permitted for devices in the bands 5250-5350 MHz and 5470-5725 MHz shall be such that the equipment still complies with the e.i.r.p. limit.
3. For devices with detachable antenna(s), the maximum antenna gain permitted for devices in the band 5725-5850 MHz shall be such that the equipment still complies with the e.i.r.p. limits as appropriate.
1. Les dispositifs fonctionnant dans la bande de 5 150 à 5 250 MHz sont réservés uniquement pour une utilisation à l’intérieur afin de réduire les risques de brouillage préjudiciable aux systèmes de satellites mobiles utilisant les mêmes canaux.
2. Pour les dispositifs munis d’antennes amovibles, le gain maximal d’antenne permis pour les dispositifs utilisant les bandes de 5 250 à 5 350 MHz et de 5 470 à 5 725 MHz doit être conforme à la limite de la p.i.r.e.
3. Pour les dispositifs munis d’antennes amovibles, le gain maximal d’antenne permis (pour les dispositifs utilisant la bande de 5 725 à 5 850 MHz) doit être conforme à la limite de la p.i.r.e. spécifiée.
- Operating temperature: -40° to +75° Celsius
- Humidity should be in the range of 10% to 90% (non-condensing). Only use the device in dry environments.
- Out of direct sunlight
- Away from heat source, corrosive substances, salts, and flammable gases
Attention: operation outside the permissible range can considerably shorten the service life of the device.
Faulty and damaged products
- Do not attempt to disassemble the device or its accessories.
- Only qualified personnel must service or repair the device or its accessories.
- If your device or its accessories have been submerged in water punctured or subjected to a severe fall, do not use until they have been checked at an authorized service center.
- Only use approved accessories.
- Do not connect with incompatible products or accessories.
- It is recommended to ground devices with grounding terminals before connecting them to power. Failure to ground appropriately might result in a shock hazard. The cross-sectional area of the protective grounding conductor should be at least 1mm2.
- You alone are responsible for how you use your device and any consequences related to its use.
- Use of your device is subject to safety measures designed to protect users and their environment.
- Always treat your device and its accessories with care and keep it in a clean and dust-free place.
- Do not expose your device or its accessories to open flames, lit tobacco products, liquid, moisture, or high humidity.
- Do not drop, throw or try to bend your device or its accessories.
- Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, or aerosols to clean the device or its accessories.
- Do not paint your device or its accessories.
- Do not attempt to disassemble your device (exemptions for devices that require disassembly for SIM insertion) or its accessories: it does not contain any user-serviceable parts. For safety reasons, the equipment should be opened only by qualified personnel.
- Make sure to use ESD personal protective equipment while the equipment is serviced.
- Do not use your device in an enclosed environment where heat dissipation is poor.
- Prolonged use in such space may cause excessive heat and raise ambient temperature, which will lead to the automatic shutdown of your device or the disconnection of the mobile network connection for your safety. To use your device again after such a shutdown, cool it in a well-ventilated place before turning it on.
- Please check all national laws and local regulations for the disposal of electronic products.
- Do not operate the device where ventilation is restricted.
- Do not use or install this product near water to avoid fire or shock hazards.
- Avoid exposing the equipment to rain or damp areas.
- Arrange power and Ethernet cables so that they are not likely to be stepped on or have items placed on them.
- Ensure that the voltage and the rated current of the power source match the device’s requirements. Do not connect the device to an inappropriate power source.
- During a thunderstorm, no operations should be carried out on the device and cables.
- The unit must be powered off where blasting is in progress and explosive atmospheres are present or near medical life support equipment.
- Do not leave your device and its accessories within reach of small children or allow them to play with it. They could hurt themselves or others and could accidentally damage the device. Your device contains small parts with sharp edges that may cause an injury choking hazard.
- Like any wireless device, this device operates using radio signals, which cannot guarantee connection in all conditions. Therefore, you must never rely solely on any wireless device for emergency communications or otherwise use the device in situations where the interruption of data connectivity could lead to death, personal injury, property damage, data, or other loss.
- The device may become warm during regular use.